Cate Sinclair, Occupational Therapist
Over 30 years experience
Cate Sinclair, Occupational Therapist, has over thirty years’ experience working with children, adolescents and adults in senior clinician and managerial roles in public health, community and mental health, and private practice. Cate has a particular interest in the impact of chronic ill-health, such as pain, fatigue and disease states, and the complex impact of these states on the mind, body and capacity to function.
Cate has completed a Bachelor of Applied Science in Occupational Therapy, Master’s in Art Therapy, and a Doctorate in Philosophy. Her research focused on links between persistent pain, sensory systems, and the relationship or attachment patterns which evolve in families when there is exposure to trauma.
Cate’s aim is to foster feelings of safety and growth through connection to helpful sensations, actions and relationships. Cate Sinclair combines occupational therapy, sensory modulation, expressive therapies, and trauma-informed care to create a therapeutic relationship and process which is individualised for your specific needs, or those of your child.
Cate Sinclair is registered with:
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency, Occupational Therapist (OCC0001716819)
- Professional Membership of Occupational Therapy Australia
- Working with Children Check No: 01005793-03
- Australian Infant, Child, Adolescent & Family Mental Health Association (AICAFMHA)
- Professional member of Australian Pain Society, and Paediatric Special Interest Group
- Professional Member of the International Association for the Study of Pain and Paediatric
- Special Interest Group
- Associate Member of Indigenous Allied Health Association
- SWEP registered RED Capacity and Performance Evaluation (CAPE) membership (O0457)